We are a dynamic organization dedicated to supporting independent distributors with the products and services required to compete in the rapidly evolving industrial marketplace.
A Little History
Founded by Dan Kahn in 1951 as Production Tool Supply, They opened their first store with three employees. By 1976 PTS had grown large enough to open the current headquarters in Warren, MI. Many more branches followed along with these milestones.
- 2001- First full-color printed catalog with 1700 pages
- 2011- First private label vending service launched
- 2015- Launched new e-commerce solution for re-seller customers
- 2017- Production Tool Supply was acquired by Berkshire Hathaway to form Berkshire eSupply
- 2018- New distribution center constructed in Pearland, TX.
- 2020 – New HQ distribution center completed in Novi, MI
- 2021 – Launch of the BES Network
Where We Are Now
We now have three clean, fully heated and air conditioned state-of-the-art distribution centers, including a new headquarters in Novi, Michigan, Network member drop shipping, and BESN’s same day shipping capabilities enable 1- and 2-day delivery to most of the United States and fast delivery times outside the US. With BESN technology, inventories are now being ramped up within each geographic territory to support our model of ‘inventory, where you need it, when you need it.